Hello, you gorgeous lot. I have no idea where that lovely long weekend went and find myself in the midst of ANOTHER short week with no less on my to-do list. I’d complain but I love my job and my boss is a total cow who doesn’t take complaints anyway… I’m my own boss.
I thought I’d share some super exciting news from my kitchen though.
Here is how it works:
- Click here to see where your nearest Foodies Festival is this summer and buy your tickets now!
- Decide what you are going to bake. It doesn’t have to be a cake if you would prefer to make cupcakes or cookies or something delicious and made of pastry!
- Bring your best bake to The Cake & Desserts Theatre when you arrive at the show – there will be someone there to take your bake, as well as your details for the competition.
- Bakes will be judged at 3pm on each day of the show by myself as Head Judge and a guest judge. The daily winner will go onto a shortlist, in with a chance of winning the star prize.
- On the last day of the show, after the last demonstration of the day, the overall show winner will be announced from our shortlist of three daily winners.
- The overall winner will be contacted after the show and their star prize of a KitchenAid Mini (in Hot Sauce) will be sent out to them.
I apologise if this sounds complicated. The decision was made to judge bakes each day as it would be so unfair to judge something baked for day one against something delivered fresh on day three – and leaving your bakes around in the glorious summer heat (it will be glorious) is unwise.
If you have any questions, post them in the comments below and I’ll be happy to answer them but…
- This is our first ever Cake Off!
- Bake what you like.
- I and the other judges will be as fair as we can be. We will judge on appearance and taste in equal measure.
- The KitchenAid Mini is a smaller version of their popular Artisan Mixer. I have one and can say that it packs quite a punch for a smaller machine. Click on the mixer for full details.
- One person will win a KitchenAid Mini (in Hot Sauce, sorry, we’ve picked the colour for you and it’s gorgeous) at every Foodies Festival this year.
And I can’t say fairer than that.