Somewhere between the muffin and the blueberry pancake, with the sweet tang of natural yoghurt. Let’s just all agree that this constitutes one of your five-a-day.
Breakfast muffins, like these, are best enjoyed warm from the oven, with a newspaper, coffee, and friends.
This recipe was created exclusively for SMEG UK
You will need a 12x cavity deep muffin tin,
lined with paper cases
(The tulip style muffin cases work best)
190°C Oven Pre-heated
300g plain flour
260g caster sugar
1 ½ tbsp baking powder
pinch of salt
340ml low-fat yoghurt
170ml sunflower oil
Maple syrup to glaze
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Whisk yogurt, oil, and egg to combine before adding dry ingredients and mix until only just incorporated.
- Gently fold in the blueberries and spoon the lumpy muffin mixture into your prepared tin.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes and pour a scant drizzle of maple syrup over each muffin as soon as they come out of the oven.
- Cool the muffins in their tins for 5 minutes before cooling on a wire rack for a few minutes more and enjoying warm.